Daytime: Are you looking for a unique venue for an event, party, family gathering, child’s party or simply want to cook your dinner on a campfire or barbecue and watch the sunset? Or is your group or company looking for a unique meeting venue?
Overnight: Stay in the yurt, bring your own tent or gather some friends for an away-weekend.
Email us to make an enquiry
Caring for the environment
We make it easy for you to have an eco-friendly event by:
- welcoming you to the site and showing you round, wherever possible
- providing an equipped kitchen with pots and pans and cutlery so you don’t have to bring disposable items (it may seem more difficult to wash up but it’s not nearly as tricky as digging up oil, making it into plates, shipping it round the world and disposing of the landfill afterwards!)
- encouraging you to pick and use Whistlewood’s fruit and other produce in your meals (zero food miles!)
- providing composting facilities for both cooked and uncooked food
- providing a composting treebog to process waste, whilst saving water and grow willow and comfrey
- helping your visitors find us by bus or walking (we are on a bus route or a 20-30 minute walk from the centre of Melbourne)
- We can also arrange for talks on our project, its environmental ethics, and permaculture, by arrangement.
In return we would ask you to share our ethics and use the site in a sympathetic way, for example:
- disposing of waste and recycling off-site,
- picking up litter,
- minimising use of disposable items
- avoiding items damaging to wildlife such as balloons, paper lanterns etc
- protecting our trees from damage
Being green doesn’t have to be a chore so have fun!