Whistlewood is only possible because of the great volunteers that support the project. We thank our volunteers for the fantastic support they have given the project so far!
Ways you can volunteer include:
- Whistlewood Saturdays. We run regular Saturday afternoon volunteering from 1 – 4pm. Contact us to let us know you would like to come or contact us via Facebook.
- Orchard maintenance
- Green woodworking
- Creating infrastructure
- Gardening and food growing
- Helping with childrens activities/gardening/crafts
- Be on a working group – such as a site working group/wildlife/Education/Events etc
- Supporting an event
- Work with local schools
- Help with running the organisation, such as social media coverage, events admin, finance support and much more
- Corporate volunteering opportunities are available – please contact us to discuss your requirements
In return for volunteering we offer:
√ The chance to meet other like-minded people and share ideas and enthusiasm
√ Volunteer benefits, such as reduced price site hire and free volunteer places on workshops
√ Learn more about permaculture and get some practical experience putting permaculture into action
√ Catch up with people you have met on courses and at events
√ Have fun and feel great that you are helping to make the world more sustainable
Duke of Edinburgh Volunteering or Work Experience
We run regular volunteering sessions for young people, please get in touch.
Want to bring children?
Children are welcome at almost all of our events. Children under 18 and vulnerable adults must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their supervision, discipline and any medication. We may be able to accommodate work experience/volunteers under 18 years by prior arrangement.
Sign up today
Email us to give us your details and let us know what type of volunteering you are interested in.
Don’t forget to signup to our mailing list so you always know what’s going on.